Tofu with Satay Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook time: 10 min
- 10 oz tofu, drained and cubed
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 10-12 bay leaves
- 1 yellow and 1 red pepper, cut into medium sized squares
- 2 tbsp oil, for grilling
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Soak 10-12 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 min.
- In a large bowl, combine tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the sauce ingredients until well blended, but still chunky.
- Drain tofu, thread tofu, vegetables, and bay leaves on skewers.
- Grill skewers on heated grill, occasionally basting with oil, until the vegetables are slightly charred and tofu cooked. Approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with satay sauce, Enjoy.