Tofu Garden Salad with Mandarin Oranges
Prep Time: 30 min
- 5 oz. tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 10 oz. can of whole Mandarin Orange segments, drained
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, tear into pieces (if unavailable, romaine lettuce can be used)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of your choice of nuts (almond slivers, cashews, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of honey
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce leaves, bell pepper, tofu, cucumber, tomato, onion, orange segments, and nuts in layers.
- In a small bowl mix ingredients for the dressing
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Chill before serving. Enjoy.