Pan Fried Tofu with Special Tofu Sauce
Pan Fried Sliced Tofu
- 5 oz. Tofu Sliced 1/8 inch
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 ½ tbsp oil for frying
- Mix corn flour with flour and add salt and egg. Mix well
- Take sliced tofu and bread it on both sides with flour mixture.
- Add 2 ½ tbsp oil to heated pan.
- Pan sear tofu on medium heat until golden brown on each side.
Approximately 2-4 minutes on each side depending on tofu being used.
- Serve with Special Tofu Sauce.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Special Tofu Sauce
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 green onion or scallion chopped
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp of water mixed
- Sesame seed (optional)
- Heat pan with oil on medium heat then add garlic, ginger, scallion.
(Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.)
- Add remaining ingredients. Cooking for additional 1 minute.
- Slowly add cornstarch mix until thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sauce on top of fried Tofu. Enjoy!