Minestrone with Tofu
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 40 min
- 5 oz tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized zucchini, finely diced
- 6 oz. green beans, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 12 oz can chop tomatoes small bunch of parsley or basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a large pan then sauté the celery, garlic for 5-7 minutes, or until softened and beginning to turn golden.
- Add other vegetables and dried herbs. Stir, mix well, and then transfer cooked vegetables to a large stock pot.
- With vegetables in stock pot, add canned tomatoes, tofu, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chopped parsley or basil to the soup and season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Serve immediately, enjoy.