Broccoli and Mushroom Salad with Tofu
Prep time: 10 min, 30 min for marinate time
Cook Time: 20 min
- 5 oz tofu, drained and cubed or 9oz. smoked tofu, cubed
- ½ lb. of broccoli, cut into medium sized florets
- 12 oz white mushroom sliced
- 3 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 scallions (spring Onions), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp of grated ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- With a medium sized bowl, prepare the marinade by stirring all ingredients. Place tofu cubes in the bowl, toss to coat and leave to marinade at least an hour.
- Boil the broccoli in a small pot for 3-4minutes, or until just tender then rinse under cold water. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add the garlic, tofu mix and stir fry for a minute. Add the mushrooms and fry over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, Enjoy.