Spinach Rice with Tofu
Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook time: 45 min
- 3 to 4 cups rice, cooked
- 5 oz tofu
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- In a bowl, break down the tofu into a meal like texture with spoon or fork. Add 2 tbsp of oil to tofu.
- In a pan, sauté the onion and the garlic with the remaining oil, until the onion is translucent. Add the spinach, black pepper, nutmeg, and salt and tofu mixture. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add the rice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe baking dish, and bake at 325oF for 30 minutes.
- Serve, Enjoy.